WORKSHOP: Mapping Experiences – From Insight to Action
Building a better mousetrap does not guarantee success anymore. Products and services are increasingly interconnected. Experience design is the new competitive advantage. The winners will be determined by how well their offerings fit with each other and how well they fit into people’s lives.
The use of systematic, visual representations exposes previously unseen opportunities for improvement and for growth. The contribute to a broader strategic conversation within organizations.
This workshop focuses various ways to map experiences. Such maps are already widely used, but have also have a certain degree of confusion around them. I offer a unique perspective from years of experience that will help you understand the practice.
Even if you’ve created diagrams in the past – e.g., customer journey maps, experience maps, service blueprints, etc. – you’ll be sure to learn something new in this course that you can apply immediately. Through hands-on exercises, you’ll be able to apply some of the principles in practice.
- Introduction to mapping experiences
- Initiating a diagramming project
- Conducting research and creating the map
- Facilitating strategic workshops using experience maps
- Envisioning and planning future products and services
After this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the strategic principles of value alignment
- Distinguish between different diagram types and select the most appropriate ones for your particular situation
- Facilitate meaningful conversations about creating value and informing strategic decisions in your organization
We are witnessing a fundamental shift in the way businesses create and capture value. But we are stuck in obsolete practices of management that optimize short term gains to maximize shareholder prices at the expense of long term shared value. Ultimately, this course will help you approach how to understand and manage the design of meaningful experiences.
Example Slides from Past Workshops