New methods in design and strategy emerge rapidly. Modern techniques (e.g., experience mapping, design sprints, jobs to be done) are not nice-to-haves: they are critical for your team’s success.
I can help you stay ahead of the curve and inspire people to work in new ways. Participants quickly gain concrete skills and confidence to get started right away.
Students come out of my workshops energized and motivated. I have years of experience teaching with well-thought-out material, and my classes consistently get high ratings.
I offer a range of courses. Each can vary in length from 1/2 day to 2 days. Classes can also be customized. Here are the main workshop topics I teach:
- Practical Jobs To Be Done: A Way Of Seeing
- Experience Mapping
- UX Strategy
- Design & Innovation Sprints
- Mental Model Diagrams
- Customer Journey Maps
- Ethnography and User Research
Design and UX
- Web Navigation Design
- Facetted Navigation
- Information Architecture
Teamwork, culture and organizational design
- Team Collaboration (featuring live music; see my TEDx talk for a preview)
- Design maturity assessments and design value (ROI) forecasting
- Design team capabilities and organization
Here are what previous participants have to say about my workshops:
“Jim demonstrates excitement for his profession and is able to show information architects new perspectives for their craft. The methods introduced can be put to immediate use. For me participation in the workshops was really worth it.
– Jürgen Mirbach, Partner, ICOM GmbH
“The workshops material was very well prepared and, through many examples, was communicated in a practical way. It’s great to have all the references to read later. This is a seminar that was worth it.”
– Prof. Dr. Uwe Klug, Department of Informatics and Natural Sciences, Technical College South Westfalen (Facchochschule Südwestfalen).
“The workshop “Alignment Diagrams” with Jim Kalbach was a lot of fun and, through practice-oriented exercises and examples, very hands-on. Alignment Diagrams are certainly an interesting way to communicate with clients, both in strategic project direction and in carrying projects out. I’m going to share this information my colleagues, for sure.”
– Anja Mayr, Interactive Tools.
“Thank you very much for the workshop yesterday. It was really insightful and has changed the way I see and will use alignment diagrams in the future. I look forward to sharing my new perspective with my colleagues at Bunnyfoot”
– Dr Luis Santa-Maria, Consultant, Bunnyfoot.
– Paul Coombs Head of UX Adfonic Ltd.